Garment to Garment Recycling System
It involves eight steps:
1) Sanitization - First, used garments are sanitized in an ozone chamber to remove microorganisms on the clothes.
2) Opening - The used garments are then shredded into their constituent yarns and fibre particles in a fibre opening machine.
3) Cleaning - Next, the shredded material is divided into clumps of fibre and impurities attached to the clumps are removed in a cleaning machine.
4) Carding - The clumps are then carded and aligned in the same orientation, and so become fibre web.
5) Drawing - The next step involves the fibre web being formed into slivers and a number of slivers being drawn together to form straightened units with improved evenness.
6) Rotor Spinning - A number of these drawn slivers are fed into a high-speed rotor and spun into single yarn.
7) Doubling & Twisting - Two single yarns are then combined and this double yarn is fed into a twister machine, which converts the yarn into ply yarn to enhance strength and balance torque.
8) Knitting - Finally, either new garments are made using a whole garment knitting machine, or knitted fabrics are produced by a flatbed knitting machine.
The system design is compact and easily installed. The entire process takes place in a standard 40-foot container. With its anti-vibration, noise- and dust-controlled design, the production line minimizes noise and disruption to nearby businesses, and so is configured for operational compatibility within community spaces such as shopping malls. The process is waterless, which adds significantly to the system’s environmentally friendly properties.
These features mean that the system blueprint can be readily adopted by interested parties globally such as fashion brands or retailers.
47th International Exhibition of Inventions of Geneva (2019) - Gold Medal
2019 Asia International Innovative Invention Award - Gold Award
2019 Innovation by Design Awards - Finalist - Retail Environment
2021 Good Design Award (G Mark) - Best 100
2020 Hong Kong Green Innovations Awards - Gold Award
Good Design Awards 2021 (Retail Fitting)
Get in touch with us
If you have any enquiries or comments, feel free to contact us!
* Mandatory fields
Thank you for reaching out.
We will be in touch soon.