Developing a Low Cost Automatic Engraving and Grinding Machine for Making Denim Design
Conventional engraving of denim design mould is conducted by manual engraving by experienced workers. Although desired design can be achieved, the engraving process has mainly drawbacks: (i) time consuming; (ii) unable to create standard and reproducible designs and (iii) not applicable to complicated designs. With the help of automatic engraving equipment, the mould engraving capacity, reliability and speed could be greatly improved. With the help of the same engraving machine, desired denim design can be grinded on the product.
The automatic machine contains a hardware and a software.
• A working platform and a computer controlled device.
• A working platform to provide working area with spindle for sculpture.
• The customisation program for whisker mould design transforms 2D graphic to 3D graphic data. The data will be transferred to the computer circuit board on the working platform, and spindle will engrave the pattern on the engraved board according to the program design.
The computerised whisker mould board has great potential in the market. It provides reliable long term storage of graphic data after converting the design patterns to the software format. The data are ready to go anytime. The quality of the machine is good which can last for over 10 years and allows for a long-time operation. These features have brought down the cost of the machine.
Moreover, the graphic data can be transmitted to other users around the globe with the same machine through internet. Communication for the design information becomes more efficient for enterprise with multiple sites over different countries.
• Standardisation on bulk production is achieved and the quality on whisker mould board is maintained in the manufacturing process.
• Designers are able to make new whisker design and mould board easily.
• Designs can be directly engraved on textile.
Get in touch with us
If you have any enquiries or comments, feel free to contact us!
* Mandatory fields
Thank you for reaching out.
We will be in touch soon.